About

My photo
This blog was established as a place to share my design finds, work & inspiration. This blog provides a creative outlet to share my thoughts and inspiration for all things design. I hope this blog inspires you. Visit our website www.winkandco.com.au.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

7 vignettes in 7 days

For those of your who follow Jen Bishop and her note worthy blog theinteriorsaddict you will already know about the '7 vignettes in 7 days' challenge. Well its back again and bigger than ever!

Some of you may be wondering just what on earth a vignette is? There are many different meanings to the term vignette, however one of the most concise I have seen is "any small, pleasing picture or view" (dictionary.com). When we talk about vignettes in interior design we refer to a beautiful arrangement or cluster of objects. A vignette can have a theme or more often than not at the very least aims to induce a certain emotion or memory. Vignettes can consist of practically anything from books, vases, accessories, photos, you name it.

I decided to take up the challenge and have been arranging and grouping vignettes all around the house. We are two days into the challenge (day #1 - Books, day #2 - Texture).




With 5 days to go its not too late for you to join  in the fun too. Hop on over to theinteriorsaddict to find out more.

Here are my first two vignettes.


Day #1 - Books



Day #2 - Texture (got a little over excited and did two - just because I could!)


Follow me on instagram (Elishabryant) or here to see my remaining vignettes over the course of the week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.