About

My photo
This blog was established as a place to share my design finds, work & inspiration. This blog provides a creative outlet to share my thoughts and inspiration for all things design. I hope this blog inspires you. Visit our website www.winkandco.com.au.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Domayne VIP Christmas Launch

Tuesday night in Brisbane saw several hundred people join me at Domayne's VIP Christmas Launch Event. And what a great night it was! With fantastic food & service from Kathy Heath Events (For anyone who remembers her past adventure 'High Societea at Clayfield' you will be pleased to know that Kathy is now focusing on catering and events). I turned up early to take a few photos as I knew once the crowds started to pour in I wouldn't have a chance. With champagne in hand I got a first hand account of Domayne's latest collections and arrivals. Think lots of vintage inspired pieces, bright colours, and super glossy surfaces.  The ever charming Neale Whitaker, Editor-In-Chief, Belle Magazine and guest judge on Nine's The Block made a guest appearance to talk about the key trends from the world-renowned Milan Furniture Fair. I have long been an admirer of Neale's great work with Belle Magazine and within the design industry. Belle is one of my all time favourite interior magazines. And I haven't even got to the best part of the evening yet! I got to meet Neale! He was much more approachable and down to earth then one might expect of someone of his stature. It was a fantastic experience to have the opportunity to meet someone who you have admired for so long. All in all it was a fantastic night.

Thank you to Domayne for putting on such a wonderful evening!

Me and the lovely & ever so stylish, Neale Whitaker, Editor-In-Chief of Belle magazine

Vintage inspired homewares - love the leather finishing on the hurricane vase

How fantastic is this orange wall and the use of colour in the cushions. Love love love.

How gorgeous are these snakeskin holders. They are actually toothbrush holders but you could use them as decorative vases, tealight holders or you could even fill them with some lovely pens and place on your desk to stare at every day!

Saving the best till last - this was my favourite space in the whole store. Neutral colours, black and white art, minimalist decor and a thick bubble rug. Pure heaven! The only thing I would add to this picture would be a small vase with white flowers on the coffee table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger.